I use rose water almost daily to refresh my face, my body, and my spirit.
It’s been used for thousands of years in beauty, wellness, and as food (try adding a bit to yogurt with a dollop of honey and some granola sprinkled on top and see your breakfast transform).
So what exactly is rose water?
Rosewater is the super fragrant water left behind after distilling fresh roses to make rose essential oil.
It has a number of amazing benefits for the skin.
- naturally hydrates skin
- improves the appearance of pores
- soothes irritated skin
- brightens complexion
- acts as toner
And she is super easy to use!
- Spritz on face and neck to hydrate skin after cleansing and before applying moisturizer (this hydration step prior to moisturizing is critical to locking in moisture. You don't want to apply oil onto dry skin. We all need fat AND water to keep skin vibrant).
- Spritz throughout the day to refresh and brighten skin (rose water is very cooling to the skin so works really well as the temps start warming up).
- Spray all over your body after a shower or bath. Whew! This is one of my favorite self-love rituals! This will definitely put a spell on you...or anyone lucky enough to see you naked ;-)
- Use as a pick me up & mood lifter. The smell is medicine in itself and a lovely way to bring the healing energy of the plant into your day.
Rose water is safe and gentle enough to use every day, several times a day. Her floral waters are aromatic and sweet and just the medicine we need for the times we're in.